Friday 21 September 2012

"I take only art pictures", Ibrahim Demirel


The photographer and artist, Ibrahim Demirel is very well known in Turkey for his organising skills and contribution to art awarness. He used to be a teacher for 40 years, teaching communication and photography at the university. He has written 16 books about making art pictures and is also a founder of „Sanatyapım Plastic Arts Workshop and Gallery“. Everyone doing something about art in Turkey needs him!

How would you present yourself to our readers?         

I was born in central Turkey, Malatya in 1941. I finished university of graphic art, photography. I  have won several photography competitions but I am working with different arts now. Graphics, photography, ceramics - I
`m working in various fields of art.
Nowadays I live in Ankara, where I have been doing art for 40 years. I was a teacher at the university and I wrote 16 books about artful pictures.   
I have a gallery with two collections. One of them is a collection of historical and etnographical  excavations, another one consists of art pieces from various artists. I have already many art pieces. They are mainly paintings, sculptures and statues. If you want to be famous in Turkey it is important to promote your art.  My ambition and dream is to open a museum. I am travelling and collecting art all round the world. However, it is not easy to make one big building for all of them.

What is your work here on symposium?

I have been taking not only the pictures from all the Terra Cotta symposiums so far, but also helping with organising. I give new ideas to the Mayor as well.
When you take pictures, it is a job, but my job is responsibility for art. I take pictures of various subjects but I don`t  take simple pictures, I take only art pictures. Symposiums invite me for lectures of how to make more spiritual artful photos.
I have been on every Terra Cotta symposium since the first one. I have done all the books of Tera Cotta symposium. I have  been also in India at the teracotta style symposium. However, Eskişehir symposium is better because it is more diverse, multidisciplinal. People can improve their skills easily. You can learn from many various artists, teachers. There are many styles of ceramics. This symposium is beautiful fbecause of the national and international art. Most important thing is that the teamleader is Bilgeham Uzuner. He is a head of our finance faculty as well. He does a lot of organising and creating.

How do you like the work of volunteers?

You work hard and have the discipline. I am happy about your work.

No comments:

Post a Comment