Sunday 16 September 2012

Perspectives of Everyday, Branko Milanovic

Branko Milanovic is a young artist coming from Serbia. Before finishing faculty of applied arts, in Belegrade he studied for a machine technician. This experience is also his source of inspiration, he brings you uncommon perspectives of common objects!


What are you working on in the symposium?

I started to work on this piece 3 years ago.  It is about objects around us that we use every day. I would like to make people see things in a different way. What is it that we expect from objects? I am playing with perspectives. The final piece is composition. This is one of my bigger works, however, I would like to make big pieces of art!




How did you get to know about the symposium?

I was working for some projects, one of them was also Teratorija project. I`ve been working there for 4 years. People from symposium have conntacted us. I was expecting young people but It is good to work with people that have experience! It is pretty much like workshop here,  really different to what we are used to in European galleries. I`ll give 100 % of myself for the final piece!

You seem to enjoy this!

It is nice atmosphere.  This is my first time in Turkey and I did not expect so many people. It is some kind of fair. From the beginning, I thought, how am I goint to function with all these people around? But It is very nice! We have this help from academy, university students. It would be much slower for me to finish my piece. So the credit goes to them too!
Inspired by Branko
How is the situation in Serbia with art?

There is no real market for art, it might be general problem . There are some projects and workshops and also support from outside. That is good. 

Do you have some plans for future?

I have plans of what Im going to create next. This year Im starting to work as an assistant on department of sculpture. I like working with young people.  To try to get involved, give them some experience and learn from them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment